Monday, June 28, 2010

The Customer Is Always The Customer

"Right or wrong, the customer is always right.”
Marshall Field

"The customer may not always be right, but the customer is always the customer."
Unknown

I recently wrote about an experience I had at The Long John Silver's Restaurant at 800 North Loop 336 West, Conroe, Texas.  I was shocked at the poor customer service that we received from the lady taking the order.

I received the following comment to that blog post and I would like to share  my thoughts on what Mr. Thompson said;


Wow. I wished I lived in Texas. I would have come down to the restaurant and informed the manager that his business could benefit from my services as a speaker on customer service.
You have to understand that the lady you were dealing with had limited intelligence and a limited vocabulary. You have to admit, coming over to the table to bring it up again is way over the top. The fact that she felt compelled to say something again confirms her limited mind set.
I would have left as soon as she did that. Why? There is no telling what she did with the food before she brought it to the table.
Then you could not leave a complaint because you were calling from a cell phone? WOW. This place needs a complete overhaul.
Thank you so much for sharing this example of poor customer service.

I agree that the problem could have been a result of the lady's cultural background and limited vocabulary.  I guess that I just assume that everyone has the same mindset that I do and should do things in a "reasonable" manner.  I just expected some simple respect as a person spending money at a business establishment

Michael Mills wrote on Facebook;

There is no excuse for what happened. Unfortunately there are probably many reasons it happened. The long and short (in my opinion) is that the server was not putting you first.There are a lot of people in this world that are without love. There are people who have needs. There are people who are actually filled with hate. It stinks being on the receiving end of these folks' rudeness. And this probably won't be the last time.
A bad day, a rude customer prior to your arrival, home problems – lots of reasons, but the result is the same.

I totally agree with what Michael said and I do have empathy for the lady that took our order.  I still believe the management should be made aware of the situation. 
 
Since I was not able to call the Long John Silver's customer service hotline, I submitted a complaint on their corporate web site.  I am waiting for a reply.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...